Monday, November 5, 2012

Deep Sigh

I've done this to myself. I've broken my own heart. I let myself hope and believe that it was mutual. That in all our flirting, he had feelings too. But, alas, I listened to what others had to say, convinced myself that "domestic partnership" was just a joke, let the texts and flirting and jokes be something of feelings on his side but, no. He really is dating his friend, the friend he told me about. So I admit that I have feelings, and I'm broken. I'm broken on a level I forgot I had or even knew that I had. But unrequited love will do that, every time, won't it? I pine, I perish, and I find myself to sensical to wax poetry about broken hearts and unclaimed loves. So I do what I do best and run as fast as my chickeness will take me.


1 comment:

SandeeNC said...

Oh baby, I am sorry to hear that! ((big hugs))